Saturday, February 5, 2011

Angels

I never really know which poem to share unless there is something in particular going on in my life. Today I don't really have any special feelings but I did want to print one. I don't even remember when or why I wrote this one. I know Jenna and Quinn were pretty young.


Blessed With Angels


Why was I blessed with angels

living in my house?

Roaring loudly like the lions

or playing quiet as a mouse?


Angel kisses every morning

as I rise to meet the day

Hoping that I don't let them down

I go before the Lord to pray.


Side by side they play together

singing, laughing is their plight.

Then along comes the devil

and they all begin to fight.


They know the Lord is on their side

so with their angel wings

They chase away temptation

and the sorrow that it brings.


Everyday I know it's worth it

going through the toil and strife,

That's why I was blessed with angels

in this earthly life.





1 comment:

  1. Cindy, you really are so talented. I love this poem and I just happen to be reading it before my little kiddos are up....maybe it will help me be a tad more patient today! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete