Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What a Year!

This is the beginning of a very long post. It most likely will take several visits to complete. Today I am focusing my thoughts on a sweet little angel boy who returned to our Heavenly Father on Saturday, March 10, 2012. I didn't get the chance to spend much time with this special Child of God, but got to know him through his loving mother's words. I was reading my last entry as we were preparing to send Zach off on his mission. I had time to get ready, Lincoln was called home unexpectedly. My heart is breaking for his loving parents and big sister. At times like this I am again so grateful for the Plan our Father in Heaven has for us. He is in the loving arms of his grandparents and those who have gone before and will be waiting for the day when he runs to his family for the first time.

So as everyone knows by now, Zach came home from his mission shortly after he left. He did what was asked of him and willingly served to the best of his abilities. It was a difficult time but has proved to be a blessing for all of us. Call me selfish, but it sure is nice having him around. He stays very busy working and playing when he has the time. He is serving as Asst. for the 11 year old Scouts and attending Institute and Singles ward activities. He is a great uncle and is slowly earning the affection of his newest nephew, Broxon Matthew.

The year in review...as remembered. Not necessarily in chronological order.

On June 15th.2011 our newest grandson was born. Broxon Matthew Walker was born to Elizabeth and Matthew. Brayli is a proud big sister and loves her little brother very much. I get the privilege of taking care of them (and thier cousin, Campbell) every Monday. It is sometimes overwhelming but I am so lucky to have them close by and get to spend this time with them. I feel so sorry for grandparents who have to travel long distances to see their grandbabies. Our 4th grandbaby will be born in July of 2012. Kimberly and Chris are having their 2nd boy. Making the total 3 to 1, leaving Miss Brayli as the reigning Princess.

In July I was hired as the Dance team coach for Melba High School. This is something I have always wanted to do and the timing was finally right. I have 13 amazing girls and we are headed to the State Competition this week. It has been a fun , learning experience for me and I am fulfilling one of my dreams.

In August we lost our sweet mother. I can remember it like it was yesterday. The night before her death, my sister, Jeanne and I spent many hours with her while she struggled between life and the hereafter. The following day was very peaceful and as the family gathered in her room she quietly slipped away into the loving arms of our daddy. It brought the family together for the first time since our father's death in 1999. Our oldest brother, Jim came and spent the day of the funeral with us. It was a very sad time in my life and I miss her everyday. I still find myself going to the phone to call her. She was an inspiration to me in so many ways. I love you mom.

I am closing this entry for now and will continue later and add pictures. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment