Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bittersweet (again)

Today I chose to write in the font "times"  because that is what I am essentially writing about.  Tomorrow night, Zach's best friend returns from his mission to Paraguay.  I am so excited for his family but having a lot of bittersweet thoughts.  We should have been welcoming our own son home last week.  But a friend once counseled me not to focus on the "shoulds" in my life.  So I won't...
Last night as I mentioned this fact to the kids they replied,"but then we wouldn't have this cool fort Zach built for us on Sunday, we wouldn't have 2 snakes and an iguana, Zach wouldn't be here to help me build my pine wood derby...) and on and on it went.  Things would have been a lot different the last 2 years that's for sure.  He would have missed 2 of his nephews being born, he would have missed his grandmother's passing away, he would have missed last year's pinewood derby, he would have missed helping his older brother heal after a motorcyle accident, and the list goes on and on.  I would have loved to see my son return after 2 years, but I really loved seeing him return after 2 weeks.  He was a quick learner and had other missions to complete here at home.  Right now he is on a road trip for his work.  I mentioned how much I don't like him being gone by himself and wise Quinton replied, "mom, your baby boy is growing up!"  I guess they all are...

We are nearing the end of tax season once again.  We have all survived (barely) and are looking forward to daddy being around a little more.  Quinton has it down almost to the minute when he can come home and play ball with his dad.  This year we are just going to Boise for the night.  Other obligations are keeping us from an extended trip, but will take one later. 

Hope this blog finds you all well and appreciating the blessings you have.  Enjoy the "time" you have with each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment