Tuesday, August 18, 2015

                                        SEASONS


"There is a time for all seasons and a purpose for everything under the heavens."  Eccl. 3:1

This has been a favorite scripture and life motto of mine for several years.  I think it started when as a young mother I realized I couldn't do it "all".  This has been more relevant in my life the past few months.  After undergoing 3 different surgeries, I am well aware that I cannot do it ALL.  This last surgery has made me do a lot thinking about changes and seasons.   A friend asked me if this surgery was hard for me?  I had a total hysterectomy, and yes, it was difficult.  Having made the decision years ago that my family was all here on the earth, having another child was not on my mind.  However, knowing that that part of my life is over became a  real reality for me.  I try not to think about what that all means in the grand scheme of things as it can be overwhelming and depressing.  But then I can look back and remember the blessings this body gave me.  Though at times, I felt a bit like it was betraying me- it all worked out.  "Things will work out"  has become another favorite of mine from a past General Conference.  As I leave my house I can see that quote on the wall and remember it daily.  I have not been allowed to drive for the past 3 weeks and today will be the first time behind the wheel. As I leave for my Dr. appointment I will be reminded that "things will work out."

Another season that is happening in my life is that Quinton started 7th grade in Jr. High today and Jenna started 9th grade in High School.  It is a funny feeling to know that I no longer have a child in grade school.  Even stranger is the fact that one of my grandchildren, Brayli, entered the 1st grade and Campbell started kindergarten!  There is no way this season in my  life has began!  How can I remember so vividly the days when my children began school?  How can life pass so quickly?

 There are days when I wish I could stop time.  But if I did that I would be denied so many blessings in my life.  Heavenly Father has a greater plan for us and it is up to us to continue to have the faith needed to follow that plan.  Someday, we will see and understand more clearly what he has in store for us.  Until that day, we will "live in each season as it passes"and enjoy, not just endure to the end.

On March 14, 2015 we added another member to our "up on the Hill" family.  Stephanie Kearl married Zachary in the Boise, Idaho LDS Temple.  The total number is now at 16 with grandbaby number 6 coming in a few weeks, making it 17.  When I figure out how to do it, I will add a new family picture.

Hope this finds you all well and enjoying whatever season you are in in your life.  I am sure there is a poem for this somewhere.  Give me time and I will come up with one.  Until then, "live in each Season as it passes."


No comments:

Post a Comment